Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Loaded Baked Potato Soup and Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownie Bars

 

OK, if this post doesn’t make you want to join Pinterest, I can be fairly certain that NOTHING will!

We had some friends over for the Super Bowl, and I made this (if I do say so myself) WONDERFUL baked potato soup in the crock pot. This will definitely make an appearance at our table again.

  • 5 pounds potatoes, diced (The original recipe says don’t peel, but …I didn’t want anyone saying my soup tastes like dirt, so…I peeled them)
  • 1 onion diced about the same size as the potatoes
  • 8-10 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 64 ounces (8 cups) chicken stock or broth
  • 16 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
  • crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, green onions

Place the chicken broth in the crock pot.  Add potatoes, onion, garlic and seasoned salt.  Cook on high 4-6 hours, (or low 8-10 hours) or until the potatoes are soft.  Scoop out up to half of the hot potatoes broth and place in blender or food processor, with the cream cheese.  Process til pureed and add back to the crock pot. 

Serve in bowls and let folks add bacon, shredded cheese and scallions as they desire.

037Feb06 

(I found this recipe on this blog via Pinterest)

Next, it was my turn to bring birthday treats for a co-worker.  I decided to go all out, and make another AWESOME looking Pinterest recipe.  Yeah, it was another hit!

First, make your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough and press it into the bottom of a (waxed paper or parchment paper lined) 9 x 13 pan.

IMG_4322

(do as I say, and not as I did.  I made 2 pans.  One I lined with waxed paper, and one I didn’t…Believe me…you WANT to line your pan!)

IMG_4321

Top with a layer of Oreos.  Double Stuffed Oreos (hey, if you are going to go all out on a dessert like this…go all out in a big way!)

IMG_4326

And here’s where it gets good.  Make up a batch of your favorite brownie mix for a 9 x 13 pan.  Pour it over the top of the cookie dough and oreos.

IMG_4327

Bake in a 350 oven for 45-55 minutes (55 was a little long for me…check it at 45)

Cool slightly, slice and (to put it REALLY over the top) serve with ice cream.

IMG_4333

IMG_4335

IMG_4334

YUM!

1 comment:

Zaroga said...

I still read your blog, Sandy. I'm just the silent type lately. I like Pinterest too. You can find me by my name :-))