- 4 large green bell peppers
- 1-1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12-14 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 pound raw bacon
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 2-3 chopped tomatoes (or a can of tomatoes)
- up to 2 cups shredded cheddar (optional)
Cut tops off peppers and set aside (for later use). After removing seeds/membranes, cut each pepper into 8 pieces. Cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Remove and place in the bottom of a casserole dish. (A 7x11 pan would be a good size. This dish is EASY to add to if you want to use a 9 x 13)
Spread hot filling on top of peppers.
Bake stuffed peppers at 350° for 30 minutes, or til the bacon is done.