Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2012

23 YEARS!

What were you doing 23 years ago?  I can tell you, almost to the minute, what I was doing all day on January 7, 1989.  It was my WEDDING DAY!

wedding

Oh my goodness…I just have to laugh out LOUD when I see this picture!  Who ARE those young kids, and what in the world do they think THEY know about marriage?

The weather was quite unusual for an Ohio January day.  It was unseasonably warm.  Ron and I started the day with him picking me up at my parents and we went out to breakfast together.  That was the “calm before the storm” of the rest of the day…I think it was my last few moments to just sit and relax. 

It was an exceptionally perfect day.  Everything went wonderfully (or else I had wonderful family and friends that kept any and all glitches away from me.)  The service went very well, the music was great, and the reception was the most fun I’ve ever had in my life. AWESOME food, wonderful polka music….it was just GREAT!  Why wouldn’t it be?  Everyone in our lives that were important to us were there with us.  What could be more perfect? 

Until the 10 pm thunderstorm hit.  And the lights went out.  And the backup generator wouldn’t work.  And the band quit playing, and everyone went home.  But even with all that…we had a wonderfully perfect wedding day. 

And it’s been wonderfully perfect every day for the past 23 years.  Ok…well…not really.  But the transition into wedded bliss really did go smoothly for us.  We’ve had ups and downs over the course of the past 23 years, but definitely more ups than downs.  We’ve seen a lot of places and we’ve done a lot of things, and I can’t wait to do more and see more  together.  I just can’t wait to see what God has planned for me with this wonderful man He has given me!  Ron is proof of just how much God loves me and wants the best for me. 

I love you, Ronnie Lloyd Koch, and I would marry you all over again in an instant, and not change a thing!  I am truly looking forward to the future that God has planned for us!

IMG_7273

Dec. 24, 2011

IMG_4052

This was put on my finger 23 years ago…and has, and will remain there!

1 comment:

Aubri said...

23 years ago I was 11 and probably in my room crying because Doreena Murphy and Christine McCroskey secretly 3 way called me and tried to get me to say mean things about the other person cuz they were best friends now....Your memory is much better.

Congratulations on 23 years. What a blessing. God is so good. And every time I see that picture of you I see Rachel!