Search This Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Shrimp Scampi

I haven't posted a recipe in a long while, and this is a family favorite. Imagine my happiness today when I read the recipe in my Quick Cooking 2000 cookbook and discovered that each serving is only 250 calories!

Shrimp Scampi

16 oz angel hair pasta
3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper (or other seasonings)
1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
2 pounds shrimp

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large saucepan, combine the broth, garlic, lemon-pepper and 6 T. each green onions and parsley. Bring to a boil. Add shrimp; cook for 3-5 minutes or til shrimp turn pink. Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Top with shrimp mixture and remaining onions and parsley.

Now tonight, I didn't have any lemon pepper, or chopped green onions, and I forgot the parsley, LOL I just used the broth, garlic, and some italian flavored seasonings. It was great, and, as usual, there was NONE left in the bowl. We even had to scold Rachel at the dinner table for trying to lick her plate, LOL!

No comments: