Search This Blog

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Uncle Doyle

My uncle Doyle died this past Wednesday.  My mom came from a huge family.   He was one of her brothers.  His oldest daughter, Kim, is the same age as me, and so...as cousins tend to do, we spent lots of time at each other's houses growing up.  I always loved spending the night at Uncle Doyle and Aunt Judi's house!  We just always had FUN!  Uncle Doyle loved to tease and pick on us kids. 

Uncle Doyle gave Caleb his very first teddy bear.  He drew Caleb's name for the Christmas exchange for Caleb's first Christmas.  He gave Caleb a teddy bear that was bigger than HE was, and Uncle Doyle just grinned and said "EVERY baby needs their very own teddy bear!"  It was a soft and cuddly thing, and it is still around at our house!

Here's a picture of me with Uncle Doyle about 41 years ago!

Sandy and Uncle Doyle Tuckerman Feb 19 1966 2

And here's the last picture I took of Uncle Doyle, at our reunion on July 13.  He's with Aunt Judi.

IMG_5757

It was a good day today.  A great portion of the family was there for the service.  I am very thankful that I was able to make the trip home for the service.  It was good to see everyone, and it was well worth the 10 hour drive to get there!

Signature 4

2 comments:

Totallyscrappy said...

Did your Uncle Doyle like to fish? Perhaps my brother and your uncle could get a little fishing in before we get to Heaven. :)
Thank you for your kind words on my blog.

Unknown said...

Sorry for your loss Sandy, sounds like Uncle Doyle was a wonderful guy! At least you have your wonderful memories!