A new family favorite! I had a few people ask for the recipe…it was pretty easy, and everyone LOVED it!
First, I made the crust. You can use any kind of crust you want..homemade, store purchased…frozen bread dough…
This was a new crust recipe for us and it got rave reviews and everyone asked for me to make it again.
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-2 t. garlic powder for flavor if desired
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the water, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir the salt and oil (and garlic powder) into the yeast solution. Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour.
- Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out. Use for your favorite pizza recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone, you may place your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it.
- Bake pizza in preheated oven, until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
While the dough was rising for that hour, I grilled (but you can cook them any way you want) 3 chicken breasts, and then chopped them up. (Some shred the chicken, but I like it chopped, better) I poured in a bottle of Hot Wing sauce (or you can use tobasco sauce and a bit of melted butter) until it was nice and wet and saucy.
I rolled out the dough and baked it for 5-7 minutes first.
Then topped it with a generous few squirts of ranch dressing. (Some use bleu cheese dressing, but I knew my family would prefer the ranch…it was GREAT!)
spread it around, getting as close to the edges as you can.
Next, I topped it with the chicken/buffalo sauce mixture (thanks, Ethan, for taking the picture…my hands were kinda yucky to be messing with my camera!)
Top with a handful or two of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses and bake for another 10-12 minutes.
I made three of these…and we didn’t have much left over!