Search This Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Long overdue update...

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I posted on this blog! Wow! I was reminded of that when I talked to my sister, Sue Ann, on the phone today and she said she didn't know what was going on in my life, 'cause I hadn't posted here in a while! OOPS.

I DO have a good excuse...at least *I* think so anyway! Soon after my "wangs" post, I went to the ER with tremendous abdominal pains. That was on a Tuesday night. (I've struggled with these pains since October!) After a blood test showed elevated liver enzymes, I was referred to a GI doctor. HE ordered an ultrasound and an ERCP scope. I had the ultrasound on Monday the 25th (the day of the 'wings' post, if I have my dates straight!) On Wednesday I had the scope. That was problematic because the opening of my bile duct isn't exactly "normal" and the dr. couldn't get the scope in to see what he needed to see. The scope also caused elevated pancreas enzyme levels (pancreatitis) (can you say EXTREME PAIN?) After more blood tests and x-rays (on Thursday the 28th) I was told not to see, smell or taste food until Sunday (do you KNOW how many food commercials there are on TV? I shut myself in my bedroom while Ron and the kids lived their lives. I did NOT feel like eating at all...and in fact, lost 14 pounds in that week!

Finally by Sunday I was feeling better and "eating" clear liquids. By Monday I was eating normally, and on Tuesday I had my gall bladder removed. That recovery went well, but much slower than I had anticipated! I was thankful for Vicodin and my bed for a couple of days. Now, 3 weeks post surgery, I'm feeling quite back to normal, Praise God.

I am SO thankful for a husband who was able to cart me around to all these dr. appointments and took such great care of me...during LENT of all times. God loves me very much, to give me such a great husband! My kids were troopers, too, and I know they are glad to have things more back to "normal" around here.

SO...hopefully that explains the lack of posts lately...I have lots of photos to share, so check back in the next few days. I'll try to get them up!

No comments: