Search This Blog

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Booty Bag

hee, hee...no one is going to believe me when I say that I AM NOT A SEWER! Here I have two blog posts within a week or so, involving ME and a SEWING machine!

But this one is SOOOOO easy! And CUTE! I followed the directions from a website (www.craftbits.com) You simply take a pair of jeans, (size 0-5 in juniors makes a really cute sized bag) and cut the legs off in a straight line. Turn inside out and sew straight across to make the bottom of the bag. Then, take 2 side seams from the legs you cut off...cut 1/2 inch on each side of the seam, and unravel it/fray it. (THIS is what took the longest time of the whole project!) Then...sew them on for handles. How easy is that? (Of course, I can say this because my mother in law was still here giving her assistance!)

It really only took about 10-15 minutes (except for the fraying!)



Posted by Picasa

No comments: