Search This Blog

Saturday, February 16, 2008

On the mend

I THINK we are finally all healthy here at this house. It has been a rough couple of weeks here! First, I was sick, and basically housebound fir 10 days! I didn't leave the house in all that time, except for a 30 minute dr. visit, where they told me I had Type A influenza! Since I'd waited too long to go to the doctor, it was too late for any medicine to work for me! BUT, everyone else was put on a preventative dose of Tamiflu. But later that day, Cameron was sick with the same symptoms, and ended up taking a double dose of the medicine, to help lessen the amount of time he would be sick. He still missed Thursday and Friday of school, and used the entire weekend to recover. He was finally ready for school again on Monday, and is totally feeling fine by now. By Monday NIGHT, though, Ethan was sick with a terribly sore throat. He missed Tuesday and Wednesday of school, and Wednesday tested positive for strep. After 24 hours of meds, he was feeling well enough to go back to school in time for a Valentine's Day party.

So...as of today...I THINK everyone is healthy. I still have a nagging cough, but it's nothing compared to what I was feeling a couple of weeks ago!

No comments: