Search This Blog

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Golden Pork Chops

A new family favorite! Since I lost 10 years worth of recipes when my hard drive crashed, my friend Lee recommended that I start posting favorite recipes on a blog...so that I can recover them if such a crisis should occur again. So...I'll try that and see how it works.

So, in my quest for recipes that please the family, I hit on a winner first time up! There wasn't enough rice, so I need to remember to make more than 1 1/2 cups to serve our family.

Here's the recipe:

Golden Pork Chops
  • 6 pork chops
  • seasoned salt (I also added garlic pepper)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 can mushrooms OR 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Rinse pork chops, pat dry and place them in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  3. In a separate small bowl, combine the onion, mushrooms and soup. Mix together well and sponn over the chops.
  4. Cover and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for 15 more minutes. (Note: Time could be less or more depending on the thickness of the chops.) Pork chops are done when their internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
MMMMMMMM, yummy.

No comments: