So, in my quest for recipes that please the family, I hit on a winner first time up! There wasn't enough rice, so I need to remember to make more than 1 1/2 cups to serve our family.
Here's the recipe:
Golden Pork Chops
- 6 pork chops
- seasoned salt (I also added garlic pepper)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can mushrooms OR 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Rinse pork chops, pat dry and place them in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the onion, mushrooms and soup. Mix together well and sponn over the chops.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for 15 more minutes. (Note: Time could be less or more depending on the thickness of the chops.) Pork chops are done when their internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).