Search This Blog

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Cowboy Beans and Rice

Tonight is my golf night, but there's NO food in the house for Ron to just throw something together like he often does when it's my night out with the gals. SO...I told him I'd make another one of our kids' favorites...Cowboy Beans and rice (he'll have to make the rice when he gets home :) This is one of those "no recipe, throw together" kind of meals, but I'll give estimates.

Cowboy Beans and Rice

2 pounds ground beef/turkey
3-4 T. minced onion
3/4 - 1 c. ketchup
1 squirt mustard
1/4-1/2 c. brown sugar (depending on how sweet you like it...this could be omited)
1/4 or a bit more BBQ sauce
Tobasco or other "hot" sauce as you like it
rice to serve your family

Brown the ground meat, with the onion in it. When it's brown, add ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, BBQ and other seasonings as desired (make it your own, LOL). Cook and stir together til hot all the way through.

Serve over cooked rice. Or serve with rice in a flour tortilla.

This is another one of those recipes that I have a hard time making enough of, so that we can all have seconds and maybe even left overs!

No comments: