Search This Blog

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Pinned it. Made it. Strawberry Poppyseed Salad

And it was seriously FANTASTIC! Everyone thought it was yummy.   I followed the recipe from HERE.   I did it exactly as the recipe stated,  (except the I really didn't measure much,  lol) and added grilled chicken.   Oh.. And I used the whole pound of bacon... 'cause you can never have too much bacon,  right?
Strawberry Poppyseed Salad (with bacon and chicken)
Salad ingredients :
6 cups romaine lettuce,  chopped
2 cups strawberries,  sliced/chopped
8 strips (or the whole pound) cooked and crumbled bacon
1/2 red onion,  chopped
1 cup feta cheese
Dressing ingredients :
1 tsp.  minced garlic
1 tsp.  diced red onion
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c.  white vinegar
1/4 c.  chopped strawberries
1/2 c.  olive oil
1/4 tsp.  salt
1 tbsp.  poppyseeds
Additional optional ingredients :
Grilled chicken
The family suggested cucumbers
I suggested candied pecans
And next time,  I would do it with Bleu cheese instead of the feta
Mix the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and process till smooth.   Mix the salad ingredients in a big bowl (and if you are like me,  you have to set aside a serving with no onions,  for the picky eater).   Add dressing and mix well.   Yummm!

No comments: