Search This Blog

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Another PIN WIN…Sriracha Ranch Chicken

 

OK, just gotta say…this is one that I wanna make again VERY SOON!  I pinned and pretty much followed the recipe from HERE.  And I wouldn’t change much, that’s for sure!  Super easy, and all four of us loved it!

Now, I have to mention that this ended up on the menu a LITTLE sooner than I’d intended.  I’d had the recipe pinned for a short while, and knew I wanted to make it.  But we had plenty of leftovers and such in the fridge.  Since it was my wonderful hubby’s birthday, I asked him what he wanted to have for a birthday meal.  It didn’t take him long to figure out that he wanted T-bone steaks.  Yum!  So he went downstairs to dig them out of the chest freezer.  He had to move and shuffle a few things around, but was successful in finding a nice package of 4 huge steaks.

Well, the next morning, when we went downstairs to work on some laundry, we discovered….a box of chicken breasts sitting on the freezer. A box that he had left out overnight (In February I made my first purchase of Zaycon chicken breasts.  They are a good price, and HUGE and I highly recommend purchasing these if they are ever in your area.) Fortunately for Ron, it was his birthday when this discovery was made.  Because it was his birthday, I did NOT throw a screaming hissy fit, but just calmly said “I love you, dear” (or something like that)  We brought the partially thawed chicken upstairs, and decided that the Tbones would wait…we needed to use this chicken. (Don’t worry…it wasn’t sitting out too long.  It was still mostly frozen and safe. I wouldn’t have used it if it weren’t!)

I put 2 breasts (and they are HUGE…close to a pound each.  In a casserole, 1 breast will feed all 4 of us!) in the crock pot with some broth to make hot chicken sandwiches (that’s all done and in the freezer…I’ll post the full recipe at some later date), and the rest I decided would be good for this Sriracha Ranch Chicken.

And it was.

2014-06-05 17.23.50

  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup prepared ranch dressing
  • 3 T. Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 T. Sriracha** sauce (otherwise known by my hubby as “AWESOMESAUCE”)
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1 t. lemon juice
  • 1 t. white vinegar
  • 1/4 t. black pepper
  • 1 T. white sugar

I took the 3 remaining thawed chicken breasts and pounded them to an even thickness.  This is important, because these Zaycon chicken breasts are just HUGE, and parts of them are really, REALLY thick, and then you get to the thinner ends.  Chicken that is in varying degrees of thickness doesn’t grill very well.  So I pounded them a bit, just to even them out.  They were still pretty thick.  Then, I cut them into chicken tender size pieces…I ended up with TWELVE tenders from these 3 pieces of meat. 

While I was pounding and cutting the chicken, Rachel was being her gourmet self and preparing the marinade.  We put the chicken in the sauce and let it sit. The original recipe said 8 hours, but…it’s summer and I don’t wake up in time to do the prep work and marinate something for 8 hours before we need to cook it at 5 pm.  So this only marinated for around 6 hours. 

**Some in our family don’t care for super spicy stuff.  Even those that  prefer milder dishes enjoyed this chicken.  3 T. was not too much sauce.  If it makes you uncomfortable, you could certainly reduce that to 1 or 2 T. 

Then..grill it til it is done.  Seriously YUMMY chicken!  Another WIN for Pinterest!! (I served it with hash brown casserole…another family favorite)

No comments: