Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

The Sound of Music!

I LOVE The Sound of Music!  When Rachel told me that was going to be the school musical, I was thrilled!  She was happy to get the part of a nun (Sister Margaretta) and did an EXCEPTIONAL job!  Ron and I were SO impressed with her performance!  And she makes SUCH a cute nun!

IMG_6431

IMG_6429

IMG_6432

IMG_6628

IMG_6631

Hee, hee…Rachel and Katelyn just always make me laugh!  I love those girls!

Ethan also had a part in the play.  He was chosen to play Friedrich, one of the Von Trapp children. He did very well, as well!  We were quite pleased.  He did come home and tell us “everyone LAUGHED at me when I tried to sing “Good NIGHT” and couldn’t hit the high note!”  We told him to just try to ham it up and laugh at himself the next performance.  Which he did!  He had MULTIPLE costume changes!

IMG_6448

The Von Trapp “uniform”

IMG_6469

Pajamas, for the “thunderstorm” scene

IMG_6472

Play clothes, made out of the curtains

IMG_6480

IMG_6517

A suit, for the evening dinner scene

IMG_6531

Back to the “uniform”

IMG_6558

back to the suit for the wedding

IMG_6582

and finally….the traveling clothes.

IMG_6588

IMG_6594

IMG_6595

GREAT JOB, Ethan!  We really enjoyed watching you perform!

And then there was Cameron.  He, also, had multiple roles.

IMG_6421

He started in the pit.

IMG_6498

Then he was a distinguished guest at the dinner party (an Austrian…I can’t remember his name)

IMG_6523

IMG_6572

Then he was a Nazi.

IMG_6618

And…he ended up back in the pit.

Great job, Cameron!  You are a man of many talents, and I enjoyed watching your performance!

No comments: