Search This Blog

Monday, May 26, 2008

New Hymnals!!

Yay!  Today was the day we used our new hymnals, The Lutheran Service Book, in church.  We got to use the old order of service from the OLD Red Hymnal...I just loved it.  I told Ron "I feel like I've gone to church for the first time in 20 years!"  Even after all these years with the blue hymnal "Lutheran Worship", I still could do today's service from memory.  I could happily use ONLY that order of service for the rest of my life.  Sadly, I'm sure that won't get to happen!  We sang 2 'familiar' hymns, and one new one.  I think it all went well...I'm already looking forward to going to church next Sunday, to worship again!

IMG_4516 

IMG_4518 

Signature 5

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

OH, I can SO identify! Our church still uses the old red hymnals and that's one reason why I love it there. It just feels right.

There is just something to something that has been tested through the generations. Why was it there so long? Because it was right. Why fix something that is right?

Totallyscrappy said...

We've been so many places and spaces that God has helped me adapt when it isn't page 5 or 15, but somedays I just wish I could go back for an hour. :)