Search This Blog

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Happy 13th Birthday, Rachel!

I can say that I am now officially the mother of THREE teenagers!  Is that unbelievable or what??? 

I am so thankful that God has blessed me with this daughter.  She is kind and loving, caring and giving, and is a total joy to Ron and to me.  She has a great sense of humor and loves to laugh and make others laugh.   She is so very bright, and it is fun for me to watch her devour book after book.  In many ways, she is my "mini-me"  :-)  I thank God daily that he gave me this child to love and care for!  I can't WAIT to see what God has planned for her!

Rachel had her birthday party last Friday, but we still tried to make today a special day for her (in spite of some of the housecleaning we had to do :)  How many kids get to have TWO birthday cakes with ice cream???  IMG_4582

Rachel's  birthday cake...white cake with white frosting and sprinkles.  And of course, BLUE writing, and the number 13.  Wow! 

IMG_4584

Rachel and her "at home" birthday cake.  We got to enjoy this after a dinner of grilled bratwurst, sauerkraut, corn on the cob and french fries.  With our friends Phil and Aubri who visited from NE today!  What a birthday treat!  It was GREAT to spend the evening visiting with them!

IMG_4597

IMG_4588

Then we went to Grandma Marge and Grandpa Richard's house for a birthday celebration.  Today is also Grandpa Richard's birthday.  (He celebrated his 13th birthday 69 years ago :-)  Rachel got to blow out the candles, and then we lit them again, and Grandpa Richard got to take a turn at blowing them out!  Yummy chocolate cake with chocolate icing and sprinkles!  And ice cream, too!

IMG_4596

 

Happy Birthday, Rachel!!!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Cool... she looks like a mini-you, too!

Next birthday we move into the realm of teen-agers! M reminds us daily that it is coming...

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
Happy Birthday! You make me feel really really old now!
Hope that you had a really great day!