Search This Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Eve Dinner

My goodness. You would have thought I was royalty around here, the way I was praised and loved on after our Christmas Eve dinner. It was definitely a hit. I usually try to do something out of the ordinary and a bit more expensive for our Christmas Eve dinner. I WANTED to make the Alfredo sauce from scratch, but living in this hick town area that we live in, LOL NO ONE within a 30 mile radius of me sells REAL parmesan cheese! So...I bought the jarred stuff and no one cared. I sauted shrimp and imitation crab in olive oil, garlic and pepper. When it was cooked through, I added the jarred sauce (2 jars...one regular flavor and one roasted garlic flavor) til it was heated through and then served it over the Fettuccini noodles. How EASY was this meal? We also had broccoli (should have added that to the plate for color!) and wheat rolls. Christmas cookies and candy for dessert.
Now it's time to start thinking about what I want to have for next year :-)


Posted by Picasa

No comments: