Search This Blog

Monday, September 4, 2006

The End of Summer

I always get melancholy over Labor Day weekend. I just love summertime so very much. I love everything about it. Sleeping in, hot sunny summer days, swimming pools, somewhat less hectic schedule, vacation. And I really don't enjoy what is coming up next...the dreaded winter...with all it's ice, snow and cold. AACK...gives me the chills just thinking about it!

Cold season hit our family this past week. I was sick, sick, sick, and Cameron missed 2 days of school already this year! We're both finally on the mend, and praying that no one else in the family gets hit with it! It was a nasty bug!

As I said in my last blog...there wasn't much new and exciting in the kitchen this week. The cinnabon rolls were the extent of the excitement...well...that and the Monkey Bread this morning. That is just a loaf of bread dough (made in the bread machine, of course), broken into little bite sized balls and put in a bundt pan, and layered with a mixture of a package of pudding mix (butterscotch is GREAT!), 1 c. brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or so...mmmmm.

Other than that we had BLT's a couple times this week (thanks to the bags, buckets and boxes of tomatoes that keep mysteriously appearing on our kitchen table). Homemade salsa with nachos. Lunchmeat. BBQ chicken. Nothing exciting, but we ate lots and enjoyed every bite.

Next week looks to be busy with volunteering and subbing, cross country, football, piano and paper routes.

Summer ends, but life goes on.

No comments: