Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010

Scotcharoos

YUM!  I would guess that most moms in this country have this recipe, and many of them probably know it by heart.  But it is SUCH a yummy, simple thing to make that I decided to share.  They have been on my mind since I chatted with my friend Connie at a track meet on Tuesday night (while it was still sunny and 88 …before the storm came through and the temps dropped to 55 and it rained the rest of the night).  She was going home to make scotcharoos for her daughter and a bunch of friends who were having a movie night. 

I have a pan cooling right now.  They will be gone by tomorrow, I’m sure!

Scotcharoos

  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 c. white corn syrup
  • 1 c. peanut butter
  • 6 c. Crispy Rice cereal
  • 6 oz. chocolate chips
  • 6 oz. butterscotch chips

Combine sugar and syrup in saucepan.  Stir til boiling and then remove from the heat.  Add peanut butter and stir til completely melted.  Stir into the rice cereal.  Mix well.  Spread in a buttered 9 x 13 pan. 

Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together on low heat (stirring constantly) or in the microwave, stirring after every 30-45 seconds.  Spread evenly over the top of the scotcharoos.  When cool, cut into squares and serve.

YUM! 

No comments: