MMMM...it's Salasa season again! Well, it's always salsa season around here, but lately we've been eating lots of it...fresh salsa...the hotter the better. In the past couple of months, I've had this spicy bean salsa a couple of times, and was told the recipe was on allrecipes.com, so I had to try it here at home, and make it my own. It is absolutely delicious ... addictive ... you REALLY can't stop eating this stuff!
SPICY BEAN SALSA
- 1 (15 oz can) black eyed peas, drained
- 1 (15 oz can) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz can) corn, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilis (or fresh tomatoes)
- 4 chopped jalapenos (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions (or scallions, with tops)
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced (more or less, to taste)
- dash or 2 of cumin (to taste)
- dash or 2 of chili powder (to taste)
- And I added 1/2 t. habenero pepper powder, 'cause we like things HOT
- 1 cup Italian Dressing
Combine al ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill overnight to let flavors blend well. Serve with tortilla chips.
Try it! You won't regret it! It's a great recipe because you can adapt it to your own spiciness and tastes!
I doubled the recipe....
and made it good and HOT! MMMMM....I won't tell you how much of this Ron and I have eaten tonight...but we did make a nice little dent in it.